Things You Should Know Before Renting an Apartment in TaipeiThings You Should Know Before Renting an Apartment in Taipei https://en.hshsharehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/img-012-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/98b4d69420232e0f04ed8b6866886f86?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
If you are looking for different types of apartments in Taipei, you may have to compare the costs of living and rent of apartments. Most importantly if you can afford them and what is the best option when it comes to an apartment rental in Taipei.
Serviced Apartment ( with high end rental budget)
Nothing is better than to unwind, relax and enjoy the time either alone or with your friends. The wrong accommodation cannot bring a comfortable atmosphere and environment to you, and it can also cause some stress. Here are some advantages of moving into a serviced apartment for you.
- It gives you a larger room with a comfortable vibe and furniture, to make you feel comfier to live.
- Having access to gyms, restaurants, meeting space, concierges
Housekeeping, stress less about cleaning
- It has a great housekeeping service to make you feel happier living here.
- Cleaning and towel services are the standards with serviced apartments, so you can just relax and enjoy your times while staying at serviced apartments.
However, there are also some negative when it comes to renting a serviced apartment.
- You will need to pay a higher deposit for a serviced apartment.
- It usually much higher than a traditional apartment, if you budgeted high, a service apartment is a good option for you.
- Less interact with people as live in a service apartment is like living in a hotel.
Recommend serviced apartment in Taipei：
First electric business platform in Taipei established to provide professional Service Apartment Chain Services.
Price: Starting from NTD 50,000 monthly.
Co-living Serviced Apartment (with reasonable rental budget)
Co-living serviced apartment usually managed by operator and allows a group of people live together to share amenities and facilities. Each individual can get a space in either a private room or share room, and the whole apartment is fully furnished.
Here are some advantages of living in a co-living serviced apartment.
Location and design
- Usually located at a prime location in the city, great transportation.
- Modern design, guaranteed quality, speedy and stable Wifi
Less cost while staying at a very comfortable place
- Co-living serviced apartment is much cheaper than a serviced apartment when amenities and facilities/ housekeeping services are shared with other people. It meets the budget for both students and workers.
- Nice flatmates as there will be a selection process for people who move in.
- No need to schedule with cleaning plan with roommates as cleaning is provided.
Privacy and space
- You will get a big living room and a kitchen and more public spaces.
- You can still withdraw to the private space when you’ve had enough of people.
Live in a big community
- You can share your stories and listen to different perspectives of your roommates.
- Easy to make and connect with new people in a very comfortable atmosphere.
- The operator will host events regularly, like board games, parties.
Flexible lease term
- No leasing complexities. Can be rent for monthly, no need to bind into a 1-year lease.
Here are some of the cons of living a co-living apartment, we listed as below:
The cost of rent
- The rental cost can still be on the a bit higher end compared to traditional apartments even you are sharing the apartment with roommates. But it saves you a lot of time and effort, guaranteed hassle-free living environment which allows you to more focus on your work or school.
- It might not suit a person who likes more privacy and prefers to stay alone. Some spaces are shared with others.
Recommend co-living apartment in Taipei：
Home Sweet Home Share House
Provide fully furnished, ready to move in, “a rent pays all”, long-term & monthly basis Co-living apartment rental in central Taipei.
Price: Starting from NTD 10,000
Studio Apartment (with reasonable rental budget)
The studio apartment provides people to live, to dine, and to sleep in one single room without any walls. It is like one room has everything – one-room arrangement. Here are a few advantages of living in a studio apartment.
- Moving into a studio apartment is a great way to save your money without having roommates and living room spaces & facilities.
Easy to clean, and to maintain
- The studio apartment is small, and the place is easier to be cleaned and maintained.
More space for yourself
- More privacy and more spacious space.
- You have your own bathroom.
However, we also listed cons about living in a studio apartment
- The location can make the apartment every expensive, and normally it requires a longer-term lease (at least for a year). Also the space is very small and limited.
- Need to pay the utilities bills in addition to the rental.
- Easy to feel lonely and depressed while you are staying alone by yourself.
Quality of studio apartments in Taipei varies a lot
- The quality of the studio apartments are varies, and you need to take a lot of time to do research and to check the house. Usually you need to check for 7-8 places to fins the idea one.
- In Taipei, not every landlord know how to speak English, sometimes it would be hard to communicate if you find apartment from local rental website. Also you are not sure whether if you are dealing with a nice landlord or not.
- Studio apartment in Taipei usually have no kitchen.
Recommend website to search for studio apartment in Taipei：
Price Varies: Starting from lowest of NTD 8,000 in some areas
Sharing Accommodation (with relatively low rental budget)
The cost of living in Taipei is not cheap, and the rental market can be very competitive these days. International students might find that it’s hard to make ends meet, as they need to find a way to save money while having a good place to move into. Here are some advantages:
Easy to make friends
- When you come to a new country or a new city, it may not go to be very easy for people to make friends. If you want to expand your social circle, then moving into shared accommodation is an efficient way to meet new people.
- If luckily you find a nice sharing accommodation, you won’t feel bored anymore, and it helps foster a sense of friendship
- Sharing accommodation is a great way to help you with reducing the cost of rent.
However, there is also some downside of shared accommodation even if the shared accommodation can save you money.
- Unlike other countries, in Taipei, even a lot of shared apartment have no public areas. You need to be careful when searching.
Deal with badly behaved roommates
- Apartment not being properly managed. You don’t really know what kind of habits that your roommates might have before you move in.
Quality of shared apartments in Taipei varies a lot
- The quality of the shared apartments are varies, and you need to take a lot of time to do research and to find the ideal apartment.
- The rental lease with your roommates can be complicated. If someone decided to leave unexpectedly, and someone else would have to cover the bill of the person until a replacement can take over.
- It may be difficult to deal with the issue of dividing deposits and cover the cost of the damaged area.
- Need to pay the utilities bills in addition to the rental, sometimes in a shared accommodation separate the bill maybe complicated.
Recommend website to search for shared apartment in Taipei：
Facebook searching group:
Short Term Housing
Taipei Taiwan Apartment Rentals:
- Posted In:
- Housing Tips
adminAll stories by: admin
You might also like
Should I Book my Room Before Arriving in Taipei Or Should I Book A HostelShould I Book my Room Before Arriving in Taipei Or Should I Book A Hostel https://en.hshsharehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/20200721130323_49.jpg 1680 1260 Vickyjin Vickyjin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/2eaaf337f1855dabc293f38b6ec08e37?s=96&d=mm&r=g